In 1949 Mr. Romolo Moroni known as Aldo, who arrived from Torrazza Coste (PV) a few years earlier, started building the first two floors of the structure. The hotel was completed in 1963 and, with its 110 rooms spread over six floors, it immediately became one of the most important hotels on the Riviera di Ponente. On 2 June 1958 the President of the Republic Gronchi conferred on Mr Moroni the honor of Cavaliere for tourist merits. Over the years the "Moroni" has had the honor of hosting personalities from politics, sport and entertainment, sponsoring sporting events internationally and promoting exhibitions of talented painters. Between 1998 and 2000 after a profound renovation, part of the building was transformed into a residence and the number of rooms dropped to 57.